MBA is one of the most prestigious courses across the world. A degree in business from any UK university helps students manage the operation of an organization, and gain knowledge about running and planning a farm. MBA is considered the most sought-after degree, especially for business professionals. Therefore, numerous students all around the world have a common dream to study MBA in UK.
There are many public and private colleges available in the UK. Many of them offer low-cost MBA programs to both local and international students. If you’re seeking to study MBA in UK and hesitating about what you should do, then follow our guide. So, prepare yourself to emerge your professional skills and face the challenges in the global market.
WHAT IS AN MBA
An MBA is a globally popular and recognized qualification that makes students efficient in managing and leading a business. Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a postgraduate course that can be full-time or part-time. Typically an MBA program includes certain contents including marketing and international business strategy, financial management, leadership, project management, technological innovation.
BENEFITS OF STUDYING MBA IN THE UK
Studying MBA in the UK enhances an individual’s learning experience. The modern teaching method and flourished educational environment help to gain academic excellence. This is why the Master in Business Administration (MBA) degree is so much more important. across the globe. However, there are several benefits of Studying MBA in the UK, let’s have a look at them
- International students have to pay a minimum tuition fee compared with many other countries. This will help students to save money.
- Students have 20 hours of work permit per week. moreover, they can work full time during the vacation period.
- Universities of London are well-renowned all over the world.
- An MBA degree from a UK university makes students potent to manage the job market.
- MBA programs in the UK have a shorter time period. Depending on the university, it can vary from 12 to 18 months.
- Students have a great opportunity to work for 2 years after graduation.
- MBA programs in the UK offer diverse module options to study. Students can independently choose their preferred module from these.
- Many universities in the UK make their internship program mandatory. Experience of internship gives students more theoretical knowledge and keeps them one step ahead in the job market.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AN MBA PROGRAM IN THE UK
There are some basic eligibility criteria to get admission to a business administration program in the UK. These are-
FOR UNDERGRADUATE DIPLOMA/DEGREE PROGRAMME
- Certificate of secondary education studies that is equivalent to UK standards.
- Submission of all the documents of previous academic study.
- Proof of excellent English language skills such as an allowable IELTS/TOEFL score.
FOR POST GRADUATE DEGREE/ DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
- 3-years bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study.
- Some universities may ask for a minimum of 1 year of work experience.
- Proof of English language skills. A good score on IELTS/ TOEFL test.
- Some universities may require GMAT scores for admission.
TOP-RATED UNIVERSITIES IN THE UK TO STUDY MBA
Choosing a well-renowned university for an MBA program plays a vital role to make your education more effective and successful. This is wise to make a list of top-rated universities that offer MBA programs. However, you can choose one of these universities listed below.
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- London Business School
- Warwick Business School
- City University of London Business School
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Imperial College of Business School
- University of Edinburgh Business School
MBA PROGRAMS IN THE UK WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE
As we mentioned before, many universities require a minimum of 1-year of relevant work experience to get admission to an MBA program. However, many students become frustrated as they have no work experience. The good news is, certain universities require no work experience. So, don’t worry if you have no work experience.
BENEFITS OF AN MBA WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE
- This will enable you to achieve early progress in the business as well as the corporate world.
- Betterment in the middle-class management jobs.
- Gives you the opportunity to develop your managerial, analytical. and communication skills.
- Makes you able to grow business experience professionally and academically.
- Saves time
However, if you want to get admission to an MBA program with no work experience, you should remember some facts. A relevant work experience will help you to be acquainted with different types of modules that you’re going to study at business school. As well as, work experience can increase your salary comparing to having no experience.
UK UNIVERSITIES REQUIRE NO WORK EXPERIENCE
There are many universities in the UK that have designed their MBA programs without prior work experience. However, applicants must have a second class bachelor’s degree at least, as well as a minimum IELTS score is required.
- Coventry University
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of East London
- University of Bedfordshire
- Leeds Beckett University
- University of Northampton
- Glyndwr university
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Swansea University
- Staffordshire University
- Teesside University
- West London College
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Sunderland
If you want to get more information, visit the university’s official website. There you’ll see all the necessary information regarding your admission and any other requirements.
MOST DEMANDING MBA SPECIALIZATIONS IN THE UK
If you want to get a high salary after completing your MBA graduation, you should keep pace with the demand in the corporate or business world. Therefore, it is important to choose an MBA specialization carefully. The kind of MBA program you choose can determine what is going to be your salary.
Here are some of the most in-demand MBA specializations in the UK.
- MBA in General Management
- MBA in International Management
- MBA in Marketing Strategy
- MBA in Consulting
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Management
- MBA in Operations Management
- IT or Technology Management
- MBA in Finance
HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO STUDY MBA IN THE UK?
MBA in London offers plenty of financial benefits
- Most of the MBA programs have a 1-year duration
- Students have access to the National Health Centre. This is absolutely free for registered students.
- Registered dependent children will get free school education.